1. Please give a brief overview of your business and what it does.
Creative Brands is an e-commerce corporate gifts supplier.
2. How did you hear about the FD Centre?
From our appointed accounting and auditing company.
3. When did you take on the services of the FD Centre?
In October 2016.
4. In what areas did your company need the most help?
We needed stability and consistency in the finance department as we had experienced difficulty in finding a permanent FD that was a good fit.
5. How was the part-time FD able to help?
Dean has helped by streamlining systems and establishing a project plan. The finance team is now operating well and smoothly independently of regular leadership.
6. How much time does the part-time FD spend at your premises?
Originally three days a week; currently four hours one morning a week.
7. How has the intervention from the FD Centre changed your day-to-day operations personally?
I have many people reporting to me and all the dynamics of the manager-employee relationship to consider, but with Dean the dynamic is more independent, objectives are clear and I don’t have to constantly oversee this resource.
8. What is the greatest value the part-time FD has added to your business?
Better management of long-term cash flow.
9. Why is a part-time FD a good solution for your business, as opposed to a full-time FD?
For the current maturity of our business, it makes more sense financially to pay a part-time resource than a full-time FD. We’ve also found that the FD Centre provides versatility as placements have had experience in a variety of companies, and they are able to focus on different things as and when needed.
10. In the future, what role do you see the part-time FD playing in your business? Are you looking at a long-term engagement?
We are considering increasing the FD Centre commitment as we look more at strategic planning for the future of our business.
Nicholas Markovitz - Managing Director